New Purchases!

I have been working on getting my educational philosophy/teaching styles and a classroom management plan for my portfolio as I finish up student teaching. To support my thoughts and ways that I want to teach, I recently have purchased some books and resources that I wanted to share, that I will be referring to in my portfolio.

The Daily 5 by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser

I love to go through different teaching blogs and kept seeing The Daily 5 come up on different blogs, but especially on Mel-D's blog. After reading all of her posts about the Daily 5 I knew I had to get it and read what it was all about. Just from the blog posts, I can tell it is the style that I really want to for my literacy block. 

The Cafe Book by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser

As I was reading the reviews for The Daily 5 on Amazon, I kept seeing people mention that they wished they had talked more about CAFE in the Daily 5 book and that if you are buying the Daily 5, then you should buy this book too, so I decided to give it a chance. 

The Next Step in Guided Reading by Jan Richardson

This book showed up as a suggested purchase with The Daily 5 on Amazon, so I looked at it and read some reviews and it sounded amazing, so I am giving it a chance. The price on this one was a steal! It was only 15 dollars on Amazon. 

Guided Math: A Framework for Mathematics Instruction by Laney Sammons

This book came up as suggested reading when I was looking into the book Guided Math in Action. It seems to have good reviews on Amazon so hopefully I will find some good information in it. 

Guided Math in Action by Dr. Nicki Newton

I read about this book in the Scoop on Primary's blog and it sounded fantastic. I am extremely excited to read this book and it sounds like just how I am thinking I will want to teach math in my future classroom. 

Launching the Writing Workshop by Denise Leograndis

This book showed up on my books you may like based on past purchases on Amazon and it looked like a good book and had great reviews, so I thought why not try it out for just 13 dollars.

I am starting to read these books this week and will be blogging about them all as I do so be on the watch for posts on the notes I have taken from them. I will be starting with The Daily 5, which I am starting to read today. 

The other purchase I made recently pertains to my future classroom management plans. I wanted to come up with a plan that could be adjusted to different primary grade levels k-4, and I also knew I wanted to have some kind of  economy plan since I loved the one I had in the classroom I was student teaching. One of my favorite blogs is Mel-D's blog and I fell in love with her classroom management plan involving the WARM FUZZIES! It is the cutest idea ever and I totally can't wait to use it. I knew I wanted to do some sort of more coupon based award system and her's is perfect. Last week I purchased one of her coupon sets, her classroom management ebook, and also her classroom jobs. They made me so excited to have my own classroom in the hopefully near future. Here is what I bought with links to them.




Go check out these awesome products that she has. They are reasonably priced for all that you are getting!

Other than getting these books and resources, I have just been working on finishing up with student teaching and working on creating some new products for my stores which will be done soon. I graduate December 12th and I am so excited!

No comments

Back to Top