Five for Friday (and a Freebie!)




I am so glad it's Friday! This week has been brutal on my class. We had a lot of tests we had to take this week including a mock math SOL and my students were worn out by the end of this week. I tried to incorporate as much fun as possible into the little bit of learning we could fit in. This Friday I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for their Five for Friday weekly linky party! So here are five things from my week this week! Read to the end to find out about my new FREEBIE that can be found in my TPT store now!



These are my nails that I did this past Sunday for the next week or two! These are a set of Autism Awareness nail wraps from Jamberry! I am in love with Jamberry nail wraps and will be hosting a party in a few weeks. If you are interested in the nail wraps, send me an email and I can add you my party to find out more!



I have meant to post a picture of the word wall in my classroom for awhile, but I just kept forgetting to take a picture before I left my classroom. I finally remembered for today. Just looking at my word wall makes me happy. The colors match my classroom so well. The template for the letters and card templates were created by Erica Bohrer. The words I use for my word wall are the most commonly misspelled words listed in Jan Richardson's The Next Step in Guided Reading: Focused Assessments and Targeted Lessons for Helping Every Student Become a Better Reader (This book is a fantastic read at a fantastic price so you should check it out! I'll have a few future posts about what I have learned from this book!). 



This week my students and I finished up a unit on Adding/Subtracting 4-digit numbers and Multi Step Word Problems. I have been working on a new scoot to review this concept and used it in my classroom this week! My students loved it and it helped so much in reviewing for our test. This product will be posted later this weekend, along with post on how I teach math in my classroom!



We started studying European Explorers this week! When teaching Social Studies, I rely greatly on Interactive Notebook pages to keep my students engaged in the lessons. This is a peek into one of my students notebooks and I think it looks amazing. So many of my students put so much extra effort into making their notebooks look perfect and I love it. These notebook pieces were created by the amazing Glitter in Third and you can find the pack here. This pack features all of the interactive notebook pages along with worksheets to support it! I use so many of her interactive notebooks and am in love with them ( and so are my students!). 



This week I finally got around to making a homework template to pass out to my students each week. It features sections for homework, spelling words and reminders for parents! Every Monday I give these to my students so they what is coming every day! All of the students receive the same homework and reminders, but their spelling words differ based on what spelling group they are in. I've posted an editable version of this template in my store as a FREEBIE for everyone! You can find the template here!

I hope that everyone has an enjoyable and relaxing weekend!









1 comment

  1. Your homework template is cute! I bet that is going to save you so much time! Congrats on finishing up something you've wanted to get to. Sometimes those are the biggest victories!
    I have a fun adding up to 4 digits no prep packet in my store if you are ever looking for anything!
    Have a great week!
    Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments Blog
    Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments Store
    Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top