My Five For Friday and April Currently!

Happy Saturday! Today's post is going to combine my Five for Friday and my April Currently. I am linking up with both Doodle Bugs Teaching and Oh Boy It's Farley for two different link ups in one post. I forgot to post my Five for Friday yesterday. I was exhausted from my first week back from Spring Break and fell asleep really early and had almost no motivation to do anything but watch tv. The second link up is for the April Currently where I am sharing what is currently on my teacher mind. It is a linkup I came across recently that I thought was a really cool idea. So first I'll do my Five for Friday.




The first thing I want to share this week is how excited I am about finally getting my new business planner printed and bound. I have recently really started to take off with my business and needed to find a planner that fit what I was looking for. Then I found Brooke Brown's planner from her store Teach Outside the Box. It had everything that I am looking for and I can't wait to use it.  If you want to get the planner for yourself, you can find it here. It is an amazing price for everything you get!



Over my spring break, I did a huge classroom organization shopping trip where I hit up the Dollar Tree, Target and Walmart to find some great organizational items for my classroom. This picture doesn't even show everything that I have bought. I am now working on creating labels to use with them and trying to find the time to get it all done. Also ignore my messy library, that is one of my next upcoming projects.  I'll finally post pictures of my classroom when I eventually get it together. 



Today, my school had a Craft and Vendor fair and I went to shop around a little. I have been using Jamberry nail wraps since December and I am in love with them. They are great for teachers because they only take about 30 minutes total to put on and then you have such cute nails that last way longer then a manicure from a salon for a much cheaper price. The ones I bought today were the Autism Awareness from last year, Shattered Glass wraps, Star Crossed wraps and the Rose Quartz Color of the Year wraps. If trying Jamberry is something you would be interested in trying or something you already love, shoot me an email about it. I am hosting an online Facebook party through my best friend who is a consultant in a few weeks. I am also working towards becoming a Jamberry consultant myself. 

There was also a Thirty One Vendor at this show and I purchased my first bag from them! It will be here sometime next week, so I'll post about it more then!



On Easter, Melonheadz Illustrating had an awesome sale in her TPT store and I stocked up on some new clipart for my future projects. I'm learning that I have to invest some in my company to earn back a profit.  I purchased her months of the year kids, her older nerds and then her Build a Kidlette package and the accessory pack to go with it. I am so excited about those two in particular because then I can add some customization to the clipart in my products! I can't to get started using them! If you have never visited her TPT store, go here and check it out! You won't be sorry!



I couldn't think of a fifth thing to post this week, so I thought I would share an adorable picture of my chinchilla Kirby being cute this week. I kind of have a huge obsession with him and he is the king of selfies!

Now here is my April Currently!


The one last final thing I want to include in this post in this post is a shout out to a teacher blogger I recently started following: The Friendly Teacher. She recently just had a huge blog launch with so many awesome giveaways and freebies! During the launch, I purchased a Paragraph a Day product from her that I started using this week and my kids have responded so well to it. I am already seeing growth in their reading comprehension abilities. Check out that product here and follow her. You won't be sorry!








5 comments

  1. I love the look of your business planner, it sounds like you have a lot of goals to achieve this year with your TpT store - I'm sure writing it down in that cute planner will get you off to the right start! The more time you spend on putting together quality products, the more you'll be able to savor the fruits of your labor.
    :)
    Best Wishes! Antonia @ forkin4th

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow a chinchilla? I had no idea these animals were sold as pets. What is caring for him like? I have a ton of fish, turtles, and dogs. He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally got him from a friend who didn't want him anymore, but he was orginally bought at Petsmart. I don't know if all petsmarts carry Chinchillas, but all of the ones near me do. He is pretty easy to care for. He lives in a 5 foot cage with four levels, eats basic small animal food, and he needs to have a dust bath everyday. He is so much fun to play with and so adorable.

      Delete
  3. Awww...the trinity of a teacher's classroom: Target, Wal-Mart, and The Dollar Tree! I swear, anytime I have shopped for my classroom, I hit up all three of those places and find just what I want...er, uh...need. :) I am glad you found Farley's Currently. I LOVE that linky. She's also a very kind woman. I met her last year at the Vegas TPT Conference. Thanks for sharing both of your link ups!

    Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments Blog
    Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments TPT Store

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clip art is so important...definitely worth the investment!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top