Five for Friday April 29th



I can't believe that it is already Friday again! This week seemed to fly by, but drag on at the same time! I am linking up again with Doodle Bugs Teaching for their Five for Friday post to share what has been happening in my classroom this week. 


              


We started a 3-D unit on shapes this week where we started by introducing the shapes to the students along with the terms Vertices and Edges. On Wednesday, we spent our Math class making different 3-D shapes out of toothpicks and marshmallows. the students had so much fun creating these shapes and it gave all of my students a great visual of what a vertex and an edge on a 3-D shape were. 




We have been reviewing Main Idea and Detail this week to prepare for our Upcoming SOL's in a few weeks, so we used The FriendlyTeacher's Dirt Dessert Main Idea and Detail lesson and it was a hit with my students. They loved making something and it really helped them to both read the details and practice following directions. It was a great lesson and the kids loved it and some of them even volunteered to clean the dishes afterwards during recess! I also forgot to take pictures while they were making it!





Yesterday, we started the process of creating our 3-D shape robots to continue becoming familiar with the different 3-D shapes. The students are so excited about planning and building their robots! They have already put so much detail into the process and they now know all of their shape names from using them so much this week. 




I recently created a new Jeopardy game featuring 2-D measurement that my students loved! It is now posted in my store for purchase. You can find it here.  In the near future, I will be creating an Editable Jeopardy template to sell. Be on the lookout for that soon.  





I am currently hosting a Jamberry Party to earn some credit towards purchasing my consultant kit! I am planning on becoming a consultant in the next month. Jamberry nail wraps are a great item or gift for teachers. They are quick and easy to use and come in so many different designs and colors. I have been using them for about 6 months and I am in love with them. If you love Jamberry Products or you have been wanting to try them come join my party. We are having fun games, prizes and freebies. Anyone is welcome to come and join in on the fun. The party is located here, on Facebook. It is running into next week!


Finally I am going to be having a big sale in my store for Teacher Appreciation Week! It will be running from May 2nd to May 8th. Everything in my store will be 20% the entire week. There will also be some flash sales at 50% and some flash freebies so be on the watch for that! Make sure to be following me on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter to see those sales. In addition, I will be uploading some new products I have been working on for awhile. 



2 comments

  1. I LOVE the 3D shape making with the marshmallows - I've been wanting to try that myself. Also, loved the 3D robots. Looks like you had a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the hands on activities in your class! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top